With manufacturing sites in the UK and Eastern Europe we are a strategic supplier to many of the world’s leading companies and provide a range of specialist solutions for customers in the aerospace, personal health and safety, military and medical sectors.
Founded over 30 years ago we provide bespoke product design, tooling, manufacturing and logistics services to our customers and following a period of strong growth have recently been acquired by Portchester Equity.
Hi Technology Group are based in Waterlooville, Hampshire and are seeking capable, motivated, smart individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing success.
As part of our ongoing improvement projects we will be recruiting a Buyer (3 month contract) to the team as follows:
- The buying within the Purchasing department to meet the strategic needs of the business. Purchasing and scheduling of deliveries for production materials, components and sub-contract services for the Hi-Technology Group.
- The expediting of open orders to hit the departments OTIF target, whilst ensuring production/customer requirements are fully maintained.
- To effectively purchase and plan all materials for production requirements and ensure they are received on time & in full.
- Ensure the Purchasing department work within Company Policy/ Quality procedures/Working instructions and are proactive in making improvements to current procedures and processes at all times.
- To effectively plan all materials required for production requirements via MRP (including shortages & excess material).
- Expedite open orders and agree delivery schedules in line with customer demand and feeding back to planning.
- Chase order acknowledgments for firmed orders.
- Negotiate material prices and manage increases/decreases accordingly, with the support of Supply Chain Manager.
- Ensure that the best price/volume is achieved for materials with consideration to previous purchasing profile and customer ordering profile/forecast.
- To create, Modify and Control Material Part ID changes within Visual ERP and update ECR log to control change.
- To ensure effective data records are maintained within the ERP system.
- To analyse stock check figures to provide support to Production in maintaining min/ max levels for all consumable items, packaging etc.
- Maintaining the approved suppliers list and ensuring full supplier compliance.
- To support the Supply Chain Manager in supplier visits, strategy & commercial structure.
- To ensure that your work areas are clean and tidy at all times and secure as required. Filing paperwork where required.
- Ordering and control of workwear, stationary, cleaning items & tool room requirements.
- As required when requested by the Material & Logistics Manager or Stores Manager; provide support to the operation of the Company Goods Receiving, Stores, Packing, Shipping and Transport facilities.
- When requested by the management team plan and arrange the logistics and transportation of finished goods to customers.
- When requested by the management team source new and change existing transport/shipping providers as required, including the implementation and management of commercial negotiations as applicable.
Please note that this is a maximum 3 month sabbatical cover.
Hi-Technology Group is proud of the reputation it has built, both within the industry and with the customers it serves.
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing your current position and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and we ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants are treated equally. We are a fair employer, and we welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Hi-Technology encourages and supports development within. We offer a range of training opportunities for our employees for both our factory and office-based roles.