With manufacturing sites in the UK and Eastern Europe we are a strategic supplier to many of the world’s leading companies and provide a range of specialist solutions for customers in the aerospace, personal health and safety, military and medical sectors.
Founded over 30 years ago we provide bespoke product design, tooling, manufacturing and logistics services to our customers and following a period of strong growth have recently been acquired by Portchester Equity. Hi Technology Group are based in Waterlooville, Hampshire and are seeking capable, motivated, smart individuals to join our team and contribute to our ongoing success.
As part of our ongoing improvement projects we will be recruiting a Shift Production Manager to our team as follows:-
- The effective management and planning of all shift resources within the Mould shop facility, including the materials, technicians, operators, and quality compliance for production during the shift.
- To ensure resources are utilised in a safe and efficient manner to achieve maximum output, within a specific budget.
- Direct management of departmental subordinates to maximise service delivery to meet customer OTIF.
- Implement agreed procedures to maintain and improve quality standards. Promote and monitor safe working practices and adherence to relevant legislation.
- Allocation of resources to meet schedules, including temporary staff planning.
- Production capacity planning to meet customer expectations; achieving an OTIF target of 98% and an internal OEE target of 80%.
- Provide production availability dates to Master Scheduler/Customer Services by attendance at Production Meetings (in person or via delegated Supervisor).
- Manage and adhere to the make order procedures from Engineering to Production and jobs are Production capable.
- Assess, review and were appropriate ensure on-going training and development of departmental subordinates.
- Ensure training records, work instructions, and all departmental procedures are compliant and sustained.
- Reporting performance of department directly to the Manufacturing Director.
- Ensuring data is recorded in a timely and effective manner in the required internal systems, e.g. Visual.
- Pro-actively raise any equipment issues, and faults to reduce downtime and maintain productivity.
- Positive promotion and participation in any and all H&S initiatives.
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Drive the 6s requirements of the area under supervision.
- Work with Human Resources on any people management issues with the aim of resolving any matters quickly, and fairly. Undertaking Appraisal and/or 1-2-1 meetings as required.
- Ensure departmental KPI’s are met and improved. Set up and drive further improvements and new KPI’s as part of TQM.
- Maintain compliance and actively support continuous improvements for Quality, Environmental (ISO Accreditations) and H&S (including a 6s target of 90%) within your own department to meet overall business objectives. Being a major contributor to the H&S Committee.
The Ideal candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrable experience of production management/leadership in previous roles.
- BTEC Diploma or Higher
- Demonstrable Continuous Improvement and 6s experience
- Competence in lean manufacturing processes, systems and associated tools.
- Effective communicator at all levels both verbal and written.
- IT literate – Effective use of Microsoft Office software; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access.
- Be able to work on their own initiative.
- Working within a team to achieve departmental and business objectives
- A positive “can do” attitude.
- Hi-Technology Group is proud of the reputation it has built, both within the industry and with the customers it serves.
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing your current position and salary expectations to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and we ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants are treated equally. We are a fair employer, and we welcome your application whatever your background or situation.
Hi-Technology encourages and supports development within. We offer a range of training opportunities for our employees for both our factory and office-based roles.